Sola is a Christian ministry dedicated to speaking and showing the Word of God in the Appalachian region.
As a retreat center we offer a variety of ways you can discover Sola!
The name “Sola” is inspired by the teachings of the Reformation:
- Sola Scriptura — The Bible Alone is our authority.
- Sola Grace — Salvation is by God’s Grace Alone.
- Sola Fide — Salvation is through Faith Alone.
- Solas Christus — Salvation is by Christ Alone.
- Sola Deo Gloria — All we do is for God’s Glory Alone.
About the founders
Priscilla (Vos) Douma grew up in southeast Michigan where she was home-schooled and took weekly violin lessons for over 12 years. She became a registered nurse in 2012, has worked in various nursing jobs and served overseas among orphans. She loves people and giving care to those around her, she also enjoys hiking, camping, running, baking bread, and drinking coffee (especially French-pressed)! Newly married to Doug in October 2016, they now live together in western North Carolina.
Appalachian Trail Hiker Hostel